Working At GemLux
Through our 57-year history, GEM Products Inc. has become one of the world’s leading stainless steel marine and boat hardware suppliers. It’s all about the people, the “GEM Family.”
Our customers “Demand the Best”, they demand GEM, and if you are looking to join a fast-growing company in a fun, infectious environment where the people make a difference, then so should you!
Our Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical/Dental/Life/AD&D/Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with matching GEM contributions
- Health Savings Account
- Bottomless coffee (hello lattes) & snacks, and monthly BBQ’s to mix our workdays up. But nothing beats working with people that are genuinely kind and care about the work they do here.
GEM is looking for the right candidate to fill a System Administrator position in our IT department. The ideal candidate should be an organized, motivated individual with a strong latitude in ability to handle daily tasks and responsibilities. Good communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are a must.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support users and company operations utilizing experience and technology. This includes being the primary point of contact for user support and troubleshooting, responsible for the regular monitoring and maintenance of company equipment/systems, and the expectation of learning/developing/implementing company operations and processes. Communication, collaboration, and coordination with all departments and employees will be required. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the following areas:
- User support and/or help desk
- IT infrastructure, system, network, and user administration
- Server virtualization
- OSX, iOS, and Windows device troubleshooting and repair
- HTML and other Web technologies
Other valuable experience might include:
- NetSuite usage, administration, or development
- Reporting and analytics
- Programming / Scripting
- Documentation of IT infrastructure
- Data security best practices
- Photo and/or video editing
- General business practices
- General accounting practices
- Shipping & Receiving / Warehousing / Inventory Management
- Knowledge of marine or sportfishing industries and products
Regular responsibilities for the position may include:
- Primary point of contact for user support, questions, and issues
- Provide assistance to or lead projects handled by IT
- Review, recommend and implement improvements to current processes, technology, and tools
- Documentation of network and technology infrastructure
- Server and workstation upgrades and maintenance
- Consolidation of disparate cloud and local services
- Improve company IT infrastructure to better help the company prepare for future growth, and to help make current processes more efficient
- NetSuite administration
Interested candidates may submit resumes to:
Director of Information Technology
GEM Products, Inc.